It may not be a good idea to consider certain topics as less important while you are preparing for an exam like the JEE. However, below are the topics you should give more importance to:
- General Organic Chemistry
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
- Mole concept
- P- Block elements
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding
- Gaseous and Liquid state
- Chemical Kinetics
- Nuclear and Surface Chemistry
- D-block elements and coordination compounds
You may want to visit Questionbang chapter-wise JEE mock tests – chapters having 50+ quality questions are probably the ones with more weightage (historically).
The mock tests can give you practice, but you need to understand the concepts thoroughly before attempting the full-length mock tests or the chapter-wise tests. Here are some books you should never miss:
- NCERT textbooks
- Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon,
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J D Lee,
- Concept of Physical Chemistry by P Bahadur,
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee.
We value your feedback and welcome any comments to help us serve you better. Happy learning!