Here are the important topics from the class 12th (and 11th) Physics one should focus on most while preparing for the JEE:
- Modern Physics
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Unit, Dimension, and Vector
- Kinematics, Laws of motion
- Work, Power, and Energy
- Centre Of Mass, Impulse, and Momentum
- Rotation, Gravitation, Simple harmonic motion
- Solids and Fluids
- Electromagnetics, Induction, Alternating current
You may want to visit Questionbang chapter-wise JEE mock tests – chapters having 50+ quality questions are probably the ones with more weightage (historically).
Questionbang would never recommend any topic as less important for an exam like the JEE.
The mock tests can give you practice, but you need to understand the concepts thoroughly before attempting the full-length mock tests or the chapter-wise tests. Here are some books you should never miss:
- NCERT textbooks,
- Concepts of physics (Vol. 1 and 2) by H.C Verma,
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker,
- Understanding Physics by D. C Pandey,
- Problems in General Physics by I. E Irodov,
- Understanding physics by Freedman and Young,
- Problems in physics by SS Krotov.
We value your feedback and welcome any comments to help us serve you better. Happy learning!